DRSA Code of Conduct
All players must be registered within the DRSA registration system, contained within the DRSA website. Unregistered players will NOT be permitted to participate in any way in any sport until they are properly registered and authorized within the registration system.
The DRSA Code of Conduct is strict and serious in all of our sports programs. All people associated with the game are always expected to act with sportsmanship, dignity, and respect for others. This includes coaches, parents, players and officials. By registering a player in our program, you agree to abide by this Code of Conduct at all DRSA practices, games, and events, and further expressly agree to be bound by any disciplinary action deemed appropriate by the DRSA Board of Directors and Sports Directors. You further understand that YOUR conduct as a parent can and will affect your PLAYER'S youth sports experience and opportunity to continue to be enrolled in our programs. Your conduct can specifically result in removal of your player from any and all DRSA programs, without refund or recourse. For purposes of this agreement, “You” and “Your” includes yourself, your player, and any and all family members, friends, or others in attendance with you.
Poor Sportsmanship includes, but is not limited to:
·Arguing with coaches, officials, teammates, opponents, or spectators.
·Using threatening or profane language.
·Baiting or taunting coaches, officials, teammates, opponents, or spectators.
·Uncontrolled behavior in the bench area.
Poor Sportsmanship will carry, at a minimum, the following consequences for you and/or your player, as well as any and all family memebers, friends, or any others in attendance with you:
1. Verbal warning
2. Dismissal from the game
3. Dismissal from the next game
4. Dismissal from the team
5. Dismissal from all DRSA activities
We, parent(s)/guardian(s) and player, have discussed the DRSA Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it. We understand that there is no refund or recourse for dismissal from our program as a consequence of breaking this Code of Conduct. ***THIS CODE OF CONDUCT WILL BE LISTED ON ALL DRSA REGISTRATIONS AND MUST BE CHECKED AND SUBMITTED AS "I ACCEPT THE ABOVE" IN ORDER FOR A PLAYER TO BE REGISTERED IN ONE OF OUR SPORTS PROGRAMS***
DRSA VOLUNTEER COACHES REQUIRED COMPLIANCE per THE NATIONAL STANDARDS FOR YOUTH SPORTS
Volunteers are a crucial part of our organization and we appreciate them greatly! We believe in the safety and well being of all of our players, families, members, and volunteer coaches. All volunteers, including minors at the high school level, who are coaching or managing a DRSA team of players who are under the age of 18 MUST BE COMPLIANT IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS OR THEY WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO BE IN A COACHING CAPACITY FOR ANY SPORT WITHIN DRSA:
1. COACHES APPLICATION FOR THE SPORT THE INDIVIDUAL WILL BE COACHING (a separate application for each sport will be required and will be effective for the entire time the volunteer is coaching....the application becomes void if a volunteer decides to step down from his/her coaching position.....a new application MUST be filled out if the coach has been absent from DRSA for 1 season or longer of the sport he/she intends to coach. The Coaches Applications are found under each sport's tab located at the top of the homepage.
2. BACKGROUND CHECK will be required of every coach, assistant coach, and team managers (Football). Background checks are valid for two years from the date of approval, and must be renewed when expired. NO COACH SHALL BE PERMITTED TO COACH IN DRSA WITHOUT A COMPLETED AND APPROVED BACKGROUND CHECK. Background checks from other organizations WILL NOT be accepted. A link will be provided to you.
3.CONCUSSION TRAINING must be completed once every year by a DRSA coach. Concussion training completion certificates are only good for one year from the date the certificate was issued. Current USA Tackle certificates or current concussion certificates from other organizations will be accepted. The Concussion Training link may be found uner each sport's tab located at the top of the home page.
4. ANY COACHING CONTRACT OR CODE OF CONDUCT FORM that is required by the DRSA directors of the sport in which he/she is coaching.
*****ANY DRSA VOLUNTEER COACH MUST BE COMPLIANT WITH THESE REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO COACH AND INTERACT WITH MINORS WITHIN OUR DRSA ORGANIZATION. ANY COACH FOUND NOT TO BE COMPLIANT IN THESE REQUIREMENTS CAN/WILL BE REMOVED AT THE DISRETION OF THE DRSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS AT ANY TIME*****